The purpose of my trip to NY this past weekend was to shop for a project. One of my favorite furniture companies is Theodore Alexander, whom I have blogged about many times in the past from my trips to Market (headed back this spring, who will be there? Let me know). In their showroom at ABC Home and Carpet (arguably my favorite spot in NY) I came across this William and Mary styled games table that really took my breath away. The standard Theodore Alexander high quality is there but the charm of the piece is what got to me. The fretwork on the cabinet, the practical drawers, the turned legs and the ogee x stretcher -could this be any cuter? The top has a sliding component with a chess/checkers board on one side and a gorgeously tooled leather top on the other: Underneath is a backgammon set. The 2 drawers are generously sized to hold a variety of other games. Put this one on my wish list, please! What do you think?
No, this is not a paid advertisement but if Theodore Alexander wanted to send one or two of these my way I wouldn't argue!
 
Top