Day 2 in Paris was exhausting but fantastic: sunny and not too cold -who could ask for more in December. After a walk last night in the charming mist, I slept for about 12 hours.Seriously. As it's Monday, many places were closed and I spent the day visiting old haunts; the Rue St Honore and the Palais Royale on my way into the 17th for dinner at Le Relais de Venise. I highly recommend it for dinner but arrive early and be prepared to wait in line. They also have a restaurant in NYC at 590 Lexington Avenue.The 17th was filled with lovely apartments, an unusual one being the oddly angled building above; more surface area for french doors I suppose.Also along the way were such treats as the Arc de Triomphe
And lots of luxurious shopping. The windows of Christofle really took my breathe away - clouds holding their goods above the rooftops of Paris, so clever!The Egyptian styled monument outside of the Theatre du Chatelet was magnificent, but really, who doesn't love a sphinx or four!
 
Top